Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Bubba Kids Meet

Today was a big day for us. We met my half sister, Bunny.  Many of you know her from her blog Tales and Tails.  We have the same, Dad, Be My Bubba.
The is our Dad - picture from Greyhound Data.com
Mama was a little concerned about us going to a museum, so she told us to play before we left.  She hoped we would be tired that way.






It looks like I did all the running, doesn't it?  BOL  Scout did run, but you sure can't tell in these photos.

Finally, it was time to go to The American Kennel Club/Museum of the Dog.  Sounds classy, doesn't it?  That is why Mama was nervous.  She kept telling me not to mark anything. Well, when someone tells you not to do something, that's what you want to do.  I am happy to say that I DID NOT MARK anything.  The only thing I did to embarrass Mama was whine.  It's what I do though.  She would rather have me do that than mark.

A nice table was set up for Bunny and Blueberry's appearance with cookies for all the dog visitors.  Yum!  Bunny and her folks had visited in June and Bunny was asked if she wanted to be the dog of the day or maybe it was the breed of the day and today was the day.

Mama wanted to get a photo of all four of us.  It wasn't easy. 





Close, but Blueberry is too far back.

Scout looks like she is throwing up.

Not yet.

Leaning too far to the right.

I think we need to give up.

WE DID IT!

Okay, we are done.  You can see the professional models in this photo.  We didn't know treats were involved or we would have worked a little harder.

Blueberry and Bunny are princesses.

Mama said that we are rednecks. We stick our tongues on the floor.
 


It was a tiring day.



We had a lot of fun.  We met several people who enjoyed petting all of us.  Two ladies came back several times and petted us.  They liked my kisses.

Mama had never been to the museum and still hasn't seen it because she was scared I would do something bad.  She is going to go back and tour it without us.  She thought about going tomorrow, but they are having a huge pug event and it sounds like it will be too crowded.  They don't even charge admission tomorrow because it is too hard to keep track of people.  They said there will be 300 pugs!  She said she will go back on a quieter day.

We sure enjoyed meeting Bunny and Blueberry.  They are definitely dignified greyhounds.  We liked their folks, too!

Be sure to be watching Bunny's blog for her view of our day together.

Joey,
The Greyhound Who Just Realized He Is A Redneck Greyhound, But He Is Just Carrying On The Family Tradition Since He Is A Bubba

12 comments:

  1. Those public appearances tend to wear you houndies out! That's awesome that you got to meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Y'all!

    Joey, I don't think you are a Redneck greyhound! You just need more experience!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This may be one of my favorite posts ever...which is saying a lot because I LOVE all your posts. How exciting to meet Bunny & Blueberry. The outtakes are hilarious as is your commentary on the day, Joey. You are a hound that is comfortable in his own skin and we love you, Bubba Joey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures of you running and playing, Joey! How fun that you and Scout got to go to the museum and meet Bunny and Blueberry. You are definitely not rednecks and fit right in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We thought you fit right in at the museum and we were so glad you came! It was great to finally get to sniff in canine, and I loved having you guys there. You and Scout were both lovely, I'm just sorry we were short a bed for her!

    I will be giggling about those outtakes for a long time!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from Bunny's FB page...

    These are great images to see of everybody. I loved all the "play before we go" shots and really got to giggling over your attempt to get all four hounds to look cute for the camera at the same time! We frequently hear Bunny's mom talk about that challenge on their blog. ;-) It looks like ya'll had a greyt time today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a really great day. I'd love to see that place, but I think I live a little too far away, being over on the west coast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the time lapse of Scout standing while you zoom around. How cool you got to meet Bunny and Blue. They do look like professional models. My guys aren't used to posing either. Redneck greyhounds. That's hilarious. Where's your Nascar collar? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun and special day

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh mate! In that one photo I can just imagine Bunny saying "are you absolutely sure I'm related to him?!" Do you think Bunny takes after her Mom's side?! Deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on getting to meet Bunny and Blueberry! I love the series of pics where you tried to get them all in...it's not easy, but you did it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Home Again - Part 3

 Well, we just realized that we didn't finish telling you about the rest of our trip home.  I don't know if we even remember the res...